Friday, March 26, 2010

OC Transpo Good/Bad...

Almost a year and half in Ottawa, and I think I have constantly nagged about the OC Transpo buses either coming earlier than scheduled, or later. Hardly ever, do I get a bus that is on time. Add to it the fact that OC Transpo buses are not as frequent as, say Toronto, missing one connection screws up the entire route. For me, I have to take 2 buses and the O-train to get me to school. When times are better, I reach in half an hour, but I've seen worse with traveling for almost an hour one way. One of the buses no longer has the schedule posted on the stop. They used to have it there before.

Today, it took me 1 hour and 10 minutes to get to school. I waited for the bus for almost 35 minutes!! Like many others who share my fate in having to deal with the untimeliness of OC Transpo, I've also tried complaining at OC Transpo website. And I haven't got a response yet. I was reading online, and I can see complaints dated back to August 2007, about the same problem. In November 2007, according to statistics, four out of five calls to OC Transpo were complaints. Wow, nothing has been done so far except going for a strike and fare hikes? (At least, the current fare hike was a shock for me.) When will they learn?

Apart from the timing, I think OC Transpo is decent. I like most of the drivers - they are friendly and happy, although I have had my share of rude drivers as well. I like the idea of the transit way. Oh, and I love the view from the upper deck of a double decker bus :).

No comments: